This is a great pudding to russel up using ingredients that we usualy have in. It is also a great way to use up excess milk.
75g 3oz plain flour
pinch of salt
50g 2oz butter
850ml 1 1/2 pints of milk
75g 3oz sugar
Few drops of vanilla essence
- Heat milk
- Separate the eggs.
- Whisk the whites until stiff and beat the yolks. [NB. Egg whites need to be in a clean bowl and be whisked with a clean whisk]
- Rub butter into flour and when boiling pour milk over flour mixture, stirring all the time
- Mix in sugar essence and egg yolks
- Fold whites into mixture.
- Pour into a greased pudding dish
- Bake 200 deg. Cent./gas mark 6 for 40 – 50 mins or until cooked through and golden brown on top.